This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I saw a video last time I was in the U.S.A of a wonderful dancer Rolando Sarabia but since then I'v been unable to find any footage of him. If anyone knows who or where has videos or dvds of Sarabia I would be interested in buying.  :blink:  Blue Bird

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Blue Bird. We don't allow tape trading on Ballet Talk, but if there are any commercially available videos of Sarabia, we'll let you know on this thread.

I saw a video last time I was in the U.S.A of a wonderful dancer Rolando Sarabia but since then I'v been unable to find any footage of him. If anyone knows who or where has videos or dvds of Sarabia I would be interested in buying.  :unsure:  Blue Bird

I don't think there's any. My Former ballet teacher, a cuban lady, had a video of him in competition and it was amaizng. The video (which i never did have a chance to copy) also had Little Carreno and someone else in class and after class messing around doing triple tours and big Kumakawa-ish cabrioles and the like. *sigh*

-goro-

We don't allow tape trading on Ballet Talk, but if there are any commercially available videos of Sarabia, we'll let you know on this thread.

Unfortunately, they have not released a commerically available video of Rolando, however I am very lucky to have acquired many videos of Rolando Sarabia while I was in school and at competitions. The videos include him in competition,rehearsal, performances (galas, Cuba, etc), one of him doing pirouettes on the back of a chair, competition rehearsals, etc, etc

The some of the videos also include Joel Carreno, Joan Boada, Tetsuya Kumakawa, Luis Serrano, Alihaydee(sp?) Carreno, Viengsay Valdes (sp?) Carlos Acosta, Jose Carreno etc, etc, etc.

They are all AMAZING dancers!