This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Hamlet" video??

A friend of mine has bought a 65 min Hamlet video, starring Nadia Saidakova and Vladimir Malakhov - but since EVERYTHING on the tape is written in cyrillic, we have not been able to find out

a) where this was filmed

B) when it was filmed

c) who are the other dancers on the video?

Any additional information would be extremely welcome - thanks in advance!

Sonja

well i found this much:

A powerful piece of dance entertainment, this rarely performed ballet based on Shakespeare’s classic tragedy is set to a riveting modern score by Dmitri Shostakovich. This memorable production stars the brilliant Russian dancer Vladimir Malakhov in the title role. Filmed live in Russia, this colorful studio recording also features the highly acclaimed dancers Nadia Saidakova and Ludmilla Vasileva. This electrifying performance of Hamlet has been hailed as the definitive interpretation of this modern masterpiece. 65 mins.

Mme. Hermine, thanks for this quick reply that sheds already a bit of light onto the video.

So... I am optimistic I will also find out the rest - Malakhov looks quite young, but Saidakova is still quite young, I think, so this is another riddle... smile.gif

here's what the NYC's performing arts library/dance collection says of this tape:

Hamlet [videorecording] / Teleteatr ; directed by Irina Gurina ; produced by Svetlana Kononchuk ; choreography and scenario by Svetlana Voskresenskaia ; music by Dmitrii Shostakovich.

Imprint :West Long Branch, N.J. : Kultur, [199-?]

(65 min.) : sd., col.

Production designer (?), Zinaida Novoselova ; scenery and costumes, Liudmila Deter.

Danced by the Moscow State Theater Ballet: Vladimir Malakhov (Hamlet), Nadia [Nadezhda on end credits] Saidakova, Ludmilla Vasileva, Sergei Vanaev, Anatolii Lanasyukov (?), and others.

Cinedance adaptation of William Shakespeare's play of the same title.

Titles in English and Russian at head of tape ; end credits in Russian.