This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

D.C. dance in July...

This might be the wrong place for a post like this, and if so, I apologize!

Can anyone with a better knowledge of the D.C. area than I let me know what is happening dance-wise during late July? I find myself able to spend several days, and would like to see as much as possible!

Thanks

Sonora-- Last summer I was attending the Kirov in DC during July and there were a few dance things going on. But nothing too major. At one of the Kennedy Center stages there was a July summer series, which included dance performances every few days on one of the "free" stages (sorry don't remember the name). Whenever there wasn't dance that night, the stage was being used by another performing arts group, etc. (still free to the public). These performances were not classical ballet, but more along the lines of modern or folk. I remember there was a troupe performing Indian dance one night. But I have no idea if this July series is going on again this year. So once you get there, check out the Kennedy center. I got a flyer from there last year saying when/who each performance was.

I know this isn't much information, but maybe a DC-er could tell you more.

Koshka

Hi, Sonora. I don't think much of anything, unfortunately. There isn't anything that I know of coming up at the Kennedy Center or Wolf Trap. Our local modern dance performing space -- Dance Place www.danceview.org -- usually has something every weekend, and something else may turn up, but it's pretty dead here during the summer. Hot and humid too! Apologies to the D.C. tourist board, but July and August are not our best months :)