dirac

Saturday, June 2

Mick Jagger takes his 1-year-old son by Melanie Hamrick with him on tour.

The Rolling Stones are on their No Filter tour through July 8, with stops in Berlin, Prague and Warsaw. It’s ­unclear what guitarist Keith Richards will think about having a baby on tour. He joked when Jagger’s latest was born: “It’s time for the snip — you can’t be a father at that age. Those poor kids!”

Q&A with National Ballet of Canada soloist Jack Bertinshaw.

Was there a specific moment in all of that training where you knew that this was going to become a profession?

It was before I moved to Zurich. That was the point that I knew that this was definitely what I wanted to do. I was just so passionate about it. There is something about the high physical demand that I love. Also, the discipline behind it is really intriguing to me - as well the perfectionist side of being a dancer.

All three of those things are things that I love. Just the fact that you can never be perfect...it's an odd thing that drives us all to constantly reach for perfection even though it's not possible. That's what I love - that drive.

The home of Queensland Ballet will get a $35 million renovation.

The state government will commit $14 million to the renovation, with ticket sales to Queensland Ballet performances having doubled during the past six years, Acting Premier Jackie Trad said.