Thank you, MadameP. I’ve watch the first dance several times and am enjoying it very much. I’ve never seen it before. I’m not at all familiar with these young Vaganova artists, but I’m guessing from a list of names that Laurent posted at another topic that in order of appearance they are Maria Bulanova, Anastasia Nuykina, Maria Khoreva and Maria Petukhova. Please, someone, correct me if I’m wrong.

All four young artists are very beautiful. Maria Petukhova seems to have the ‘featured’ position, fourth to appear, although the dancing is equally divided. I do like her very  much. She does have a lovely flow and beauty of motion and sculpture. But, again, I think that they’re all lovely.

Added: Her solo starts at 15:40

Edited by Buddy

4 hours ago, Buddy said:

Thank you, MadameP. I’ve watch the first dance several times and am enjoying it very much. I’ve never seen it before. I’m not at all familiar with these young Vaganova artists, but I’m guessing from a list of names that Laurent posted at another topic that in order of appearance they are Maria Bulanova, Anastasia Nuykina, Maria Khoreva and Maria Petukhova. Please, someone, correct me if I’m wrong.

All four young artists are very beautiful. Maria Petukhova seems to have the ‘featured’ position, fourth to appear, although the dancing is equally divided. I do like her very  much. She does have a lovely flow and beauty of motion and sculpture. But, again, I think that they’re all lovely.

In the order of their appearance: Maria Khoreva (Aurora), Svetlana Savelieva (Diana), Maria Bulanova (Hebe), Alexandra Khiteeva (Flora). Nuykina is the soloist in Naïad and Fisherman, not here.

The dancer you like very much is Khiteeva. I agree, all four are different, all four are lovely, but Khiteeva seems to be the loveliest of all of them. I saw this Pas de quatre at least fifteen times with different casts from the moment it was resurrected by Yuri Burlaka around 2009, and this is by far the most enjoyable performance. If somebody had an idea to form a touring ballet company from this year's Vaganova students, it would be a huge sell out in the Far East (Japan, Korea, China) and in Paris alike.

21 minutes ago, Laurent said:

In the order of their appearance: Maria Khoreva (Aurora), Svetlana Savelieva (Diana), Maria Bulanova (Hebe), Alexandra Khiteeva (Flora). Nuykina is the soloist in Naïad and Fisherman, not here.

The dancer you like very much is Khiteeva. I agree, all four are different, all four are lovely, but Khiteeva seems to be the loveliest of all of them. I saw this Pas de quatre at least fifteen times with different casts from the moment it was resurrected by Yuri Burlaka around 2009, and this is by far the most enjoyable performance. If somebody had an idea to form a touring ballet company from this year's Vaganova students, it would be a huge sell out in the Far East (Japan, Korea, China) and in Paris alike.

Wow !  Well I got the "Vaganova" right, maybe. 

Are these all graduating students, Laurent ?  Do you know what Maria Petukhova is doing ?  Is she graduating ?  I've liked her very much from two very brief video clips.

Savelieva graduating next year, Petukhova graduating now. I liked her Paquita variation a year ago, her physical development, however, put her at a distinct disadvantage compared to her peers.

Edited by Laurent

10 hours ago, Laurent said:

Savelieva graduating next year, Petukhova graduating now. I liked her Paquita variation a year ago, her physical development, however, put her at a distinct disadvantage compared to her peers.

Thanks, Laurent.  I saw video clips of Paquita from a year ago and a French Doll from February with  Maria Petukhova and she looked physically fine to me, in fact similar to Alexandra Khiteeva, whom I confused her with. Granted, two video clips are limited viewing. Both have similar and lovely dance qualities in my eyes.  I hope that they both do very well.

Edited by Buddy
elaborated and grammar correction

A performance of Paquita from June 20 in Moscow with Eleanora Sevenard and Denis Rodkin in the leads and the soloists being:

Maria Petukhova (from the ballet "Camargo", music by R.Drigo)
Anastasia Nuikina (from the ballet "The Little Humpbacked Horse", music by Ts. Puni)
Maria Khoreva (from the ballet Gretna Green, music by E.Giro)
Maria Bulanova (from the ballet Don Quixote, music by L. Minkus)
Alexandra Khiteeva (from the ballet "Paquita", music by L. Minkus,)
Eleanor Sevenard - issue 2016 (from the ballet "Trilby", music by J. Gerber)
Denis Rodkin (from the ballet "Stream", music by R.Drigo)

was also apparently broadcast on Russian TV because I was able to watch it on a Russian site. 

Edited by canbelto

All Star cast. Nice to see Maria Petukhova included. I'm rooting for her. Thank you, Canbelto.

I believe Petukhova is going to Tallin.  Edited, but now I was told Bolshoi - so not sure!  I do like her very much though, although she doesn't have the best physique.  

Edited by MadameP

Thanks very much for the video, MadameP.

Maria Petukhova. I hope that she does great and is happy wherever she goes. She's a beautiful dancer.

I'm pretty sure that this is her at 17:30. 

I'll try not to belabor the subject, but I still think that if she lost a few pounds (which seems quite possible with no health detriment) that she would be a stunner by today's ballerina standard.

Added:

In further regard to Maria Petukhova, apparently she performed the lead in La Naiade et le Pêcheur at the first of  the two Vaganova Academy Graduation Performances this year.

"La Naiade et le Pêcheur came next, with choreography by Petipa and Perrot but revised by Tsiskaridze. The movements here recalled Bournonville steps more than anything Petipa, with a focus on jumps for the men, and hops on pointe for the women. On 12 June, Ervin Zagidullin, a pupil of Fethon Miozzi, performed the role of Matteo alongside [Maria] Petukhova's Giannina."

Catherine Pawlick -- "Vaganova Today" 

http://www.vaganovatoday.com/vaganova-academy-graduation-saint-petersburg-russia-june-2018

(thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie)

Edited by Buddy
factual clarification

1 hour ago, Buddy said:

I'll try not to belabor the subject, but I still think that if she lost a few pounds (which seems quite possible with no health detriment) that she would be a stunner by today's ballerina standard.

Added:

In further regard to Maria Petukhova, apparently she performed the lead in La Naiade et le Pêcheur at the first of  the two Vaganova Academy Graduation Performances this year.

It's not about "losing a few pounds", it's her legs and the body frame. It badly affects her dancing.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

It's not about "losing a few pounds", it's her legs and the body frame. It badly affects her dancing.

Thanks, Laurent. This is something that I know nothing about. I hope that she can work around it.  I certainly haven't studied her dancing or her range, but from the very little that I've seen her dancing looks lovely. She has a softness and loveliness of motion that's perhaps unequalled by the others. I don't want to say that she's better, but she seems quite special in this regard.

Edited by Buddy

41 minutes ago, MadameP said:

Yes,  that is Maria Petukhova at 17:30.  

This time I actually knew that it was her, MadameP, but thank you.

“I can see clearly now, the rain is gone

I can see all the obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.”

(Johnny Nash)

😊

10 hours ago, Buddy said:

This time I actually knew that it was her, MadameP, but thank you.

“I can see clearly now, the rain is gone

I can see all the obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.”

(Johnny Nash)

😊

I love that song!  

5 hours ago, MadameP said:

I love that song!  

Me, too.  😊