Allison Janney! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

We had an obligation this evening, and so got home in time for about half of the broadcast.  I have yet to see Three Billboards, but I thought that Frances McDormond's acceptance speech was spectacular.

You haven't missed much. Her speech was better than her movie.

Posted (edited)

I didn't see the speech, but I have to agree about the movie. Granted, I watched it on a flight and slept through part of it. Truthfully, I have little interest in catching up on the parts I missed.

Edited by volcanohunter

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, dirac said:

Allison Janney! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I didn't see I, Tonya, but I was still thrilled that Janney won. She's been a favorite of mine for years. I always thought she gave such intelligent and un-selfconscious (is that a word?) performances. And, I love the quirky roles she's done.

Edited by ABT Fan

Best movie of the year I saw was absent from the Oscars: the little gem called "God's own country". Gary Oldmam speech giving thanks to America was very beautiful. Kimmel was his usual clawnish self.

11 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

I didn't see I, Tonya, but I was still thrilled that Janney won. She's been a favorite of mine for years. I always thought she gave such intelligent and un-selfconscious (is that a word?) performances. And, I love the quirky roles she's done.

She was a highlight of The Hours for me.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:31 AM, ABT Fan said:

I haven't seen it, either, but I'd be pleased to see Janney get an Oscar for impersonating the Easter Bunny. I understand she is not at her best in "I,Tonya" but actors are not always rewarded for their best work when Oscar time rolls around, the two leading role winners this year being cases in point. (At least this means that Gary Oldman now has his Academy Award in hand and can relax, without, I hope, feeling any future pressure to take on roles stamped OscarBait™.)