This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

13 hours ago, dirac said:

Allison Janney! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I didn't see I, Tonya, but I was still thrilled that Janney won. She's been a favorite of mine for years. I always thought she gave such intelligent and un-selfconscious (is that a word?) performances. And, I love the quirky roles she's done.

Edited by ABT Fan
11 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

I didn't see I, Tonya, but I was still thrilled that Janney won. She's been a favorite of mine for years. I always thought she gave such intelligent and un-selfconscious (is that a word?) performances. And, I love the quirky roles she's done.

She was a highlight of The Hours for me.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:31 AM, ABT Fan said:

I haven't seen it, either, but I'd be pleased to see Janney get an Oscar for impersonating the Easter Bunny. I understand she is not at her best in "I,Tonya" but actors are not always rewarded for their best work when Oscar time rolls around, the two leading role winners this year being cases in point. (At least this means that Gary Oldman now has his Academy Award in hand and can relax, without, I hope, feeling any future pressure to take on roles stamped OscarBait™.)