This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hamilton is at the Kennedy Center summer 2018 and today was the 1st presale for members.  It automatically directs you to findfast and you can't pick your seats.    The KC limited the available subscription tickets.  The whole KC website is redirecting to the Hamilton waiting room which now has over 64,000 in the queue.   Very annoying since I can't do anything else. 

Anyone seen Hamilton?

5 minutes ago, maps said:

Hamilton is at the Kennedy Center summer 2018 and today was the 1st presale for members.  It automatically directs you to findfast and you can't pick your seats.    The KC limited the available subscription tickets.  The whole KC website is redirecting to the Hamilton waiting room which now has over 64,000 in the queue.   Very annoying since I can't do anything else. 

Anyone seen Hamilton?

Denver Performing Arts Center used that same on-line waiting room and it was hopeless. We're going to wait for it to return in a couple of years. Book of Mormon had similar demand the first time the touring show visited, but the return visit was civilized and you could pick seats, so we'll hope for the same thing for Hamilton.

EDITED TO ADD: In Denver, people who subscribed to their theater series last year (which requires 8 performances!) got to buy tickets first. Two people in my building sold their two tickets at face value of $550 and they were snapped up by somebody in an hour. Denver also has a lottery every day for about 20 tickets at $10 each in orchestra seats. And DPAC said they were cancelling tickets that evidenced bots, 3rd parties, etc. They were cross-checking on-line accounts and credit cards to limit everybody to 4 tickets for the run. I do appreciate their efforts to keep the scalpers away, although it didn't help me.

Edited by California

The tour is in Seattle right now, and it's selling like hotcakes here as well.  The presenter offered it first to their subscribers, and so many people bought subscriptions to one of their series in order to get into that group. (I know a couple of people who had never been to a musical, who signed up for a whole season of them in order to get access to Hamilton tickets). 

They've been running their ticket lottery here (enter on the day of the show to buy a ticket for $10), which has made for some lively conversations.  There have been a few scam tickets floating around, but on the whole it seems to be going pretty well.

The local DC news reported a line of real live KenCen members who skipped work, bypassed the internet and went to the physical box office.  The line stretched from the box office to outside and around  the building.

KenCen will also have the daily lottery.

Nobody knows how many tickets were held back for sale to the general public in late March.  After that still unannounced date, your only way to get tickets from the official vendor (aka the Kennedy Center) is to randomly check with the box office for newly available tickets. These tickets would be those donated back to the box office because the original buyer can't use them and doesn't care to resell them individually or tickets that were withheld from sale by the production for whatever reason.  You will need mega karma credits for this option.😰