This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Balanchine's Guys" livestream

kbarber

Pointe Magazine will be livestreaming this on Monday Feb 5 at 7 pm on their facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/PointeMagazineOfficial/

http://www.pointemagazine.com/balanchines-guys-jacques-damboise-2530604326.html?utm_campaign=RebelMouse&socialux=facebook&share_id=3263917&utm_medium=social&utm_content=Pointe&utm_source=facebook

On Monday, February 5, the National Dance Institute (NDI) is bringing together three of New York City Ballet's former star male dancers—Jacques d'Amboise, Edward Villella and Arthur Mitchell—in a one-night-only program titled Balanchine's Guys. These ballet veterans will discuss what it was like dancing for George Balanchine, and the impact that he had on their lives. All three men graced the stages of NYCB over a period stretching from the late 1940s through the 1980s, and served as inspiration for a number of the great choreographer's most famous works.

During Monday's program NYCB dancers Teresa Reichlen, Adrian Danchig-Waring, Sterling Hyltin, Ask La Cour, Joaquin de Luz and Daniel Ulbricht will bring some of those works to life. The dancers will perform excerpts from Apollo (d'Amboise was a famous interpreter of the role); Agon (created for Mitchell); and Prodigal Son (one of Villella's signature roles.)

2 minutes ago, rkoretzky said:

Nothing happening 

Nor for me yet. I've never liked the Facebook streams - they're just not as easy to work with as the YouTube streams. The controls are never self-evident, and the user often has to know to keep refreshing the page when there's an issue.

Edited by pherank
1 minute ago, rkoretzky said:

Link won't open for me. My daughter just got it and says it's been on for 20 mins. Disaster. 

I just checked the above link and it opens for me so I'm not sure what to say other than to refresh this Forum page and try the link again.

14 minutes ago, rkoretzky said:

Well that was incredibly frustrating. Saw about four minutes. Pherank, thanks for the link. It eventually opened, but only in the Facebook app, not on the web 

Yes, they've managed to botch it up - but that happens often enough with these Facebook streams. First of all, the live stream advertisement should appear at the top of their Facebook main page content. No one should have to hunt around to find the live stream. And clicking on the video controls should begin the streaming (and the video controls should actually work). There could be a separate link to the "theater" page with the Facebook app, but the basic video stream should be available right up front to users.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, rkoretzky said:

I hope it's archived and can be accessed. 

Missed the "Balanchine's Guys" Live Stream? Watch It Here

http://www.pointemagazine.com/balanchines-guys-live-stream-2532183371.html?utm_campaign=RebelMouse&socialux=facebook&share_id=3288651&utm_medium=social&utm_content=Pointe&utm_source=facebook

OK, so this does not work for me using Firefox (the video simply doesn't appear embeded in the page). It works using the Apple Safari browser. I just tested with Google Chrome and the embedded video did appear after a delay of a couple seconds. The video should appear after the 1st paragraph, ending with "(There's a bit of a sound delay, but it's well worth the watch!)".

1 minute ago, pherank said:

Missed the "Balanchine's Guys" Live Stream? Watch It Here

http://www.pointemagazine.com/balanchines-guys-live-stream-2532183371.html?utm_campaign=RebelMouse&socialux=facebook&share_id=3288651&utm_medium=social&utm_content=Pointe&utm_source=facebook

OK, so this does not work for me using Firefox (the video simply doesn't appear embeded in the page). It works using the Apple Safari browser. I just tested with Google Chrome and the embedded video did appear after a delay of a couple seconds. The video should appear after the 1st paragraph, ending with "(There's a bit of a sound delay, but it's well worth the watch!)".

Well thank you! Between this and Olympic figure skating I'm a happy camper.