This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2017-2018 season

6 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

Luckily, I didn't have the nightmarish audience interruptions like cobweb did. 

So glad!! I’ll hope for the best next time. 

Thanks for your report. Totally agree about Von Rothbart costumes etc. 

I look forward to more reports. Obviously this production has generated much interest. That’s terrific.

I saw the Wheeldon Swan Lake at PB a number of years ago (Joffrey is doing it now) and I'm curious to hear from anyone who can compare these two productions.  The Wheeldon was an interesting variation of the work (set in the late 19th c at the POB, it had some Belle Epoque touches that I felt worked very well), while it sounds like Corella's production is highly conventional.  Any insights from those of us who are seeing this live?

16 minutes ago, sandik said:

I saw the Wheeldon Swan Lake at PB a number of years ago (Joffrey is doing it now) and I'm curious to hear from anyone who can compare these two productions.  The Wheeldon was an interesting variation of the work (set in the late 19th c at the POB, it had some Belle Epoque touches that I felt worked very well), while it sounds like Corella's production is highly conventional.  Any insights from those of us who are seeing this live?

I heard Corella at one of the Preludes events a year ago when he was talking about the new season. He said they were going back to the traditional version, not the Wheeldon, and a cheer went up from the audience. I haven't seen the Wheeldon, but did see the traditional earlier this month. Very traditional, although with a few oddities, as several of us have noted.

10 hours ago, cobweb said:

The "Grace and Grandeur" program is opening tonight. I would look forward to any reviews. Thinking about coming in for a performance this weekend. 

Looks like PA Ballet acquired the old ABT costumes for Theme and Variations, which I much prefer to the new costumes. Smart move on PA Ballet's part!

ABT2.lrg.jpg

Edited by fondoffouettes