ksk04

ABT Nutcracker - SCFTA Dec 2017 - Casting Posted

Here is the casting for the run of Ratmanksy's Nutcracker at SCFTA this year. Thanks to AB'sMom who made me aware that the casting has been posted. Really disappointed they aren't any debuts in the leading roles considering the two new principals--Teuscher and Schevchenko--and the frequency with which some of these dancers have appeared in these roles in this theater for the last two years. On a plus note, I will finally get to see Sarah Lane in it. No Hallberg.

Thursday, December 7 at 7 p.m.
Misty Copeland
Daniil Simkin

Friday, December 8 at 7 p.m.
Sarah Lane
Herman Cornejo

Saturday, December 9 at 2 p.m.
Gillian Murphy
James Whiteside

Saturday, December 9 at 7 p.m.
Stella Abrera
Alexandre Hammoudi

Sunday, December 10 at 12:30 p.m.
Sarah Lane
Herman Cornejo

Sunday, December 10 at 5:30 p.m.
Hee Seo
Cory Stearns

Wednesday, December 13 at 7 p.m.
Misty Copeland
Daniil Simkin

Thursday, December 14 at 7 p.m.
Hee Seo
Cory Stearns

Friday, December 15 at 7 p.m.
Gillian Murphy
James Whiteside

Saturday, December 16 at 2 p.m.
Stella Abrera
Alexandre Hammoudi

Saturday, December 16 at 7 p.m.
Misty Copeland
Daniil Simkin

Sunday, December 17 at 12:30 p.m.
Hee Seo
Cory Stearns

Sunday, December 17 at 5:30 p.m.
Gillian Murphy
James Whiteside

I was hoping to see new principals as well. I wonder why Isabella Boylston isn't coming this year. I've seen Gillian Murphy, Stella Abrera, and Sarah Lane in the past. 

I bought tickets to four nights under the assumption there would be a debut or two, so I'm pretty disappointed. I guess it's not painful to see Gillian Murphy or Stella again, but...

Somehow I ended up with two Misty nights based on my pre-casting booking (I guess I should have known she would get opening night). I already swapped one to see Sarah Lane, but I'm trying to decide if I should swap the other to a Seo/Stearns show??

35 minutes ago, ksk04 said:

Somehow I ended up with two Misty nights based on my pre-casting booking (I guess I should have known she would get opening night). I already swapped one to see Sarah Lane, but I'm trying to decide if I should swap the other to a Seo/Stearns show??

FWIW, Seo looked gorgeous in the second PDD this spring at the Met. I am not a particular fan of hers, but this role really suits her.

I've heard really lovely things about Hee Seo in Nutcracker. Last year my daughter was the young Clara with Gillian, Hee and Stella so I tended to go to shows that worked out with family and friends who came to see her. I guess none of them happened to coincide with the Hee Seo shows.