Sign in to follow this  
mtthwbrehm

Hello!

I have followed these forums for a long time, but I only recently had the urge to make an account. I'm a university student in Texas and I used to be a ballet dancer. Although I only take ballet class once or twice a week, I regularly attend performances at Houston Ballet. Additionally, this summer I attended a Russian language course in St. Petersburg and had the opportunity to see performances at the Mariinsky, Mikhailovsky, and Bolshoi Ballet (we took a weekend trip to Moscow). Although Hurricane Harvey caused a lot of devastation, I am hoping to attend as many Houston Ballet performances as I can. Additionally, in October I will watch two performances of the Mariinsky's tour to Washington D.C.. My favorite dancers are Katherine Precourt, Karina Gonzalez, Connor Walsh, Nikolai Tsiskaridze, Angelina Vorontsova, Viktoria Tereshkina, Oksana Skorik, Ekaterina Kondaurova, and Maria Alexandrova. 

Edited by mtthwbrehm
To make a statement clearer

Greetings and salutations -- we're glad to have a correspondent from Houston, especially as you are all struggling to get your feet back underneath yourself.  Please do keep posting updates from your part of the map, and chime in on anything you see here that strikes your fancy.

6 hours ago, sandik said:

Greetings and salutations -- we're glad to have a correspondent from Houston, especially as you are all struggling to get your feet back underneath yourself.  Please do keep posting updates from your part of the map, and chime in on anything you see here that strikes your fancy.

Thank you! I'm glad to be a part of this online community.

Welcome mtthwbrehm -- I'm in Atlanta and planning a trip to see the Mariinsky in D.C. as well.  If the casting holds as announced, it appears you will get to see several of your favorites :) .

On 9/8/2017 at 12:02 AM, Drew said:

Welcome mtthwbrehm -- I'm in Atlanta and planning a trip to see the Mariinsky in D.C. as well.  If the casting holds as announced, it appears you will get to see several of your favorites :) .

Yes! I should be able to see Ekaterina Kondaurova and Oksana Skorik if the casting holds.