Buddy

2017 -- 2018 Season

5 hours ago, Gnossie said:

Absolutely agree. 

Osmolkina is the purest representer of the Vaganova style, and so is Obraztsova even if she is at the Bolshoi now, Ostreikovskaya although a Perm product, represents the Mariinskly style. The only Prima of the company that does represent the Vaganova style is Madame Pavlenko (her Saint Petersburg haters can go to hell, thanks all the best!)

Among the men, Steppin is the only one to be considered Baranov's heir, a true prince.

Yermakov is Ruzimatov's heir. 

Sergeyev (should have been promoted 50 years ago) and Batalov (I'm crying right now) are also pure Vaganova style. 

Absolutely agree with you Gnossie. I am especially looking forward to see Stepin in Don Quixote for the coming Mariinsky tour in Japan this November~December. 

https://www.japanarts.co.jp/mariinsky2018/english.html

On 6/11/2018 at 8:35 PM, Gnossie said:

Absolutely agree. 

Osmolkina is the purest representer of the Vaganova style, and so is Obraztsova even if she is at the Bolshoi now, Ostreikovskaya although a Perm product, represents the Mariinskly style. The only Prima of the company that does represent the Vaganova style is Madame Pavlenko (her Saint Petersburg haters can go to hell, thanks all the best!)

Among the men, Steppin is the only one to be considered Baranov's heir, a true prince.

Yermakov is Ruzimatov's heir. 

Sergeyev (should have been promoted 50 years ago) and Batalov (I'm crying right now) are also pure Vaganova style. 

Gnossie -  Osmolkina and Filipp Stepin were the first to spring to my mind as being the purest representers of Mariinsky style, as I wrote originally.   Of course there are others.   I do agree about Obraztsova also, and also Ivanova mentioned above.  Ivanova is a WONDerful ballerina.  I love Novikova also.   I  Batalov was denied so much - disgusting.  Yermakov though ... to my mind, he cannot be compared with Ruzimatov.  Ruzi was one of a kind - a flamboyant original, which Ermakov is not.

Not as disgraceful or ridiculous as a non-Vaganova dancer heading the Vaganova Academy.

Disgraceful? Ridiculous? Two hours ago the best perhaps in recent memory graduation concert has ended. As a spectacle it was an equivalent of three shows at l'Opéra, Royal Ballet, or at any American company, with the exception of New York City Ballet. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Laurent said:

Disgraceful? Ridiculous? Two hours ago the best perhaps in recent memory graduation concert has ended. As a spectacle it was an equivalent of three shows at l'Opéra, Royal Ballet, or at any American company, with the exception of New York City Ballet. 

I think Tsiskaridze is doing a magnificent job at Vaganova - not just in terns of the calibre of graduates produced, but also the quality of its productions.  His choice of repertoire alone for graduation performances is wonderful...  

Maria Khoreva's Paquita variation -  what many know as the "alternative" Dulcinea variation or Dudinskaya variation ... outstanding graduate.  

Edited by MadameP