Sign in to follow this  
Hoodwink

Aging Balletomane

To introduce myself, I should say that I have been becoming more and more attracted to serious ballet-watching in recent years. What started as something I liked very much -- though not as much as opera -- is fast approaching the "passion" stage. But I'm 77 years old and wonder just how much I can learn. I wish this had happened earlier in life, when I was young enough to take ballet lessons and therefore be able to empathize with the dancers, in addition to being blown away by them. I'm delighted to have found this site, and look forward to visiting it frequently. Bill Hood

Welcome, Hoodwink! (I like your moniker, BTW.) To pull one out of the cliche bin, it's never too late. You bring a great store of knowledge and experience to your viewing and it's great that you are an opera fan, since the two art forms have often intersected. I look forward to reading your posts.

You'll learn alot by watching, and even more by writing about what you see.  Welcome to the neighborhood -- what have you been watching lately?