This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sara Murawski

vagansmom

For anybody on Instagram, ANB has been posting about each new hire, as well as what rank they were hired as (second company, apprentice, corps/soloist/principal). I assume the company is waiting to fill the company roster on their website until all their dancers are set in stone, so Instagram seems to be the only way to see their current dancers for now. As a very recently retired professional ballet dancer, I've been following with much interest, as I know dancers being hired as well as their new ballet master (who skews toward very contemporary choreography).

6 hours ago, glissade_jete said:

For anybody on Instagram, ANB has been posting about each new hire, as well as what rank they were hired as (second company, apprentice, corps/soloist/principal). I assume the company is waiting to fill the company roster on their website until all their dancers are set in stone, so Instagram seems to be the only way to see their current dancers for now.

That would explain all the empty slots on their website -- that makes it look like they're not a going concern yet. 

Has anyone here seen Sara Michelle dance, with PA Ballet or elsewhere?  I have been curious about her after seeing several pictures and clips of her on Instagram.  She is extremely tall and looks technically strong with endless pirouettes, but her contortionist flexibility borders on rhythmic gymnastics.  That is just my impression based on short clips and photos, so I don't necessarily know how this would translate to live performance.

It is very unfortunate how she was let go from PA Ballet, but I'm not surprised Angel Corella did not see a future for her in his company.  

Edited by MRR