Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Natalia   
28 minutes ago, cubanmiamiboy said:

 

Would that be an issue in Russia...?

 

Unless it recently changed at the Mariinsky, no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mussel   

There is a Petipa documentary being made in New York with Ratmansky according to Tiler Peck and Alban Lendorf on Instagram:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalia   
On July 4, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Joseph said:

Any word on the conference? 

 

The Vaganova Academy will host a three-day Petipa Bicentennial Conference ("Homage to Petipa - Petipa Bridge") on March 10-12, 2018. The dates include Petipa's actual birthdate, March 11! They're inviting researchers/ scholars to submit papers for presentation by Sept. 15, 2017. Details in this FB notice, which contains a link to further details on  the event (translation available):

 

https://m.facebook.com/academyvaganova/photos/a.699768383455783.1073741827.699758070123481/1313885005377448/?type=3&source=48

 

The additional info, within the notice, including main topics of the "Petipa Bridge":

 

http://vaganovaacademy.ru/index.php?id=1288

 

Nikolai Tsiskaridze heads the impressive conference committee. Elizabeth Souritz also involved. No word yet on any performances at the Mariinsky or other ballet theaters across the city...or if any of the planned shows may be reconstructions...a very controversial topic among coaches who grew up in the Soviet era..but not necessarily Tsiskaridze.

 

p.s. The long document confirms that this is the follow-on to the October 2015 conference in Bordeaux. The same university that co-sponsored the 2015 edition is co-sponsoring this one.

 

Edited by Natalia
Added "p.s." About link with Bordeaux 2015 event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph   
35 minutes ago, Natalia said:

 

The Vaganova Academy will host a three-day Petipa Bicentennial Conference ("Homage to Petipa - Petipa Bridge") on March 10-12, 2018. The dates include Petipa's actual birthdate, March 11! They're inviting researchers/ scholars to submit papers for presentation by Sept. 15, 2017. Details in this FB notice, which contains a link to further details on  the event (translation available):

 

https://m.facebook.com/academyvaganova/photos/a.699768383455783.1073741827.699758070123481/1313885005377448/?type=3&source=48

 

The additional info, within the notice, including main topics of the "Petipa Bridge":

 

http://vaganovaacademy.ru/index.php?id=1288

 

Nikolai Tsiskaridze heads the impressive conference committee. Elizabeth Souritz also involved. No word yet on any performances at the Mariinsky or other ballet theaters across the city...or if any of the planned shows may be reconstructions...a very controversial topic among coaches who grew up in the Soviet era..but not necessarily Tsiskaridze.

 

Thanks Natalia! I translated it and it looks like some will be in English. Do you know if there is a fee to participate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalia   
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

Thanks Natalia! I translated it and it looks like some will be in English. Do you know if there is a fee to participate? 

 

Not yet. I've asked about that and about possible plans for associated performances. Ideally, I'd love to see a week of international companies in StP, presenting their recons one after another (ABT Beauty, La Scala with Raymonda, Zurich with Swan Lake, Bolshoi w/ Coppelia, Esmeralda, and Corsaire, Mariinsky's Giselle (or PNB?), Munich Paquita, Ekaterinburg w/ Fille Mal Gardee)...and all will be commercially recorded! There's no cost in dreaming, is there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph   
2 hours ago, Natalia said:

 

Not yet. I've asked about that and about possible plans for associated performances. Ideally, I'd love to see a week of international companies in StP, presenting their recons one after another (ABT Beauty, La Scala with Raymonda, Zurich with Swan Lake, Bolshoi w/ Coppelia, Esmeralda, and Corsaire, Mariinsky's Giselle (or PNB?), Munich Paquita, Ekaterinburg w/ Fille Mal Gardee)...and all will be commercially recorded! There's no cost in dreaming, is there?

Exactly! Ok - I'll stay abreast on this!! Thank you so much for passing the information over! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalia   
47 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Exactly! Ok - I'll stay abreast on this!! Thank you so much for passing the information over! 

 

No problem.  I suspect that the only associated performances may be by the Vaganova students &/or the Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory, which is a co-sponsor. (The Conservatory is the big building across the Mariinsky.) But one never knows if there may be more. Just going to the conference and seeing a couple of performances of complete ballets would be great.

 

Oh...I also asked if the sessions will be webcasted or made available in some other form, as they did in Bordeaux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph   
52 minutes ago, Natalia said:

 

No problem.  I suspect that the only associated performances may be by the Vaganova students &/or the Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory, which is a co-sponsor. (The Conservatory is the big building across the Mariinsky.) But one never knows if there may be more. Just going to the conference and seeing a couple of performances of complete ballets would be great.

 

Oh...I also asked if the sessions will be webcasted or made available in some other form, as they did in Bordeaux.

This is great - I will stay very much tuned and appreciate all of this!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieH   

I too look forward to learning more about the Petipa Bicentennial Conference next March in St P.   Please keep us abreast of details, Natalia and Joseph.   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×