This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT in Detroit, Feb. 8-11, 2018

The show is going on tonight! But I won't be able to make it, I'm out in the 'burbs and the hour drive (more like 2-3 hours in these conditions) is too dangerous because of the snowstorm. There's been accidents all day. Super super disappointed, I've been preparing to see the show with lots of reading and research... I guess it's a night in with popcorn and a ballet DVD for me.

Here's the Patron Review page: http://www.michiganopera.org/dance/romeo-juliet-reviews/

Hopefully people will post their thoughts on the rest of the performances this weekend.

3 hours ago, nanushka said:

Stella got a lot of love on Instagram from many ABT dancers before her debut this afternoon. There's clearly a very deep, genuine affection for her. No surprise.

I saw that too. Am eagerly waiting for any reports on her debut. And, for Hallberg's show tonight.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, abatt said:

Is the Holiday Inn walking distance from the theater where they are performing?  With many companies, that is a significant factor in which hotel they choose.  For example, when the Mariinsky comes to Washington DC I know that they always select a hotel that is walking distance from the Kennedy Center.

Mariinsky stayed at Brooklyn Marriott when they were at BAM. POB at Le Meridien. Bolshoi at Sheraton on 7tn Ave. Mikhailovsky at Holiday Inn now the Watson on W57th.