mnacenani

Is Alyona Kovalyova "Zvezda" material ??

15 minutes ago, balletlover08 said:

I found this interview of Alena where she speaks about her time at the Bolshoi. I don't speak Russian but if you do it might be a nice interview to watch. Her part starts at around 37 minutes. 

Balshoye Spasiba !!   :wub::wub::wub:  

I thank you also very much, Balletlover08. My Russian is so limited that I only understood a few words, but she does seem and look absolutely lovely.

Intelligent looking eyes, and not a "poseuse" like some others.

Some interview. All the insightfullness of saying that Volga flows into the Caspian sea.

49 minutes ago, Fleurdelis said:

Some interview. All the insightfullness of saying that Volga flows into the Caspian sea.

Hmm...Just a handful of questions answered by a still very young ballerina at the beginning of her career--what would one expect? I thought the stories about how she found out she was a soloist -- and also about getting lost at the theater her first day and asking directions of someone else who turned out also to be lost were charming enough.  As for her refusing to go into more depth when asked a personal question about disappointments in love -- that seems very sensible.    

Yes, terrified about being lost forever in the corridors of the Bolshoi. Riveting stuff!

Posted (edited)

She is what...21?

Edited by Drew

4 hours ago, Drew said:

She is what...21?

I think she is closer to 20, but even so this interview sounds too much like kindergarten chatter. If you are too young to have something substantive to tell the world, why do these interviews? The same goes for the interviewer who is asking ridiculously banal questions.

Kovalyova and Tissi to represent the Bolshoi at the perennial "Bolshoi Ballet" TV show !  (many thanks to Gnossie for this info)

Great news, and a good opportunity for them. Dancing is better than talking.