Sign in to follow this  
sandik

Marketing the Art Form

This is a video by Ballet Austin about an audience survey they recently did, in order to craft a better plan to get people in the theater and seeing a wider variety of work.  I thought I'd post it here because the ideas apply to many communities and companies.

What do you think about their analysis?  How does it apply to the rep in your home company?  Are they missing something?  Did they put their finger on something that you didn't consider?

Hi Sandik

I happened to stumble upon this today. This video is actually done by the Wallace Foundation. Ballet Austin is the recipient of a Wallace Foundation research grant. Wallace conducted these interviews pretty early on in the process, it should be interesting to see where the study leads.

"Building Audiences for Sustainability"

Cheers! 🤓

Thanks for passing this along -- I knew that my local company (Pacific Northwest Ballet) had some Wallace program money, but I haven't really followed up on the project and its progress.  I see here though that both Ballet Austin and PNB are on their second round of grants (at least), so it looks like I've got some homework to do!

Sign in to follow this