This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

seating suggestions?

sandik

I usually sit in or near the front row of the mezzanine, it's similar to the first row of first tier in McCaw Hall but maybe a little closer.

My preference is to be close so I can see faces clearly, but I'm only 5' 2" and haven't lucked out with open Boston orchestra seats where I'm guaranteed to be able to see.  By that I mean the equivalent of McCaw Hall Orch 2 or 3 seat 1, where you are looking down the aisle or the very front row.  The front of the orchestra has very little rake.

If you go, please post your impressions.  I tried to make it work on my way back from Amsterdam (to see Het) but decided it would be too jammed and I don't want to be there but too tired to enjoy it and take it all in.

I have never had too many problems with the orchestra.  I prefer center orchestra when I can get it.  If I would choose a seat upstairs, it would be the dress circle.  The problem for the first row of the mezzanine is that the railing is sometimes problematic depending on your height.  

18 hours ago, seattle_dancer said:

I usually sit in or near the front row of the mezzanine, it's similar to the first row of first tier in McCaw Hall but maybe a little closer.

My preference is to be close so I can see faces clearly, but I'm only 5' 2" and haven't lucked out with open Boston orchestra seats where I'm guaranteed to be able to see.  By that I mean the equivalent of McCaw Hall Orch 2 or 3 seat 1, where you are looking down the aisle or the very front row.  The front of the orchestra has very little rake.

If you go, please post your impressions.  I tried to make it work on my way back from Amsterdam (to see Het) but decided it would be too jammed and I don't want to be there but too tired to enjoy it and take it all in.

Well, at 5'3", that might be the best choice for me as well.

I'm hoping to go, but I'm not holding my breath.  There are a bunch of things I should be seeing here at home...