This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

If you can access the BBC's iPlayer you can watch a long interview with Peter Wright, shown for the first time yesterday. I haven't watched all the way through yet but it is getting excellent feedback and there are some rare and luscious clips - some of the Class programme from 1964, with Lynn Seymour at the barre and Park, Gable, Dowell , Wells,,, also to be glimpsed, and an extract from Wright's production of Sleeping Beauty for the RB in  1970, including what must surely be the best awakening kiss ever and Ashton's 'awakening' pas de deux danced by Sibley and Dowell.

The iPlayer's geo-block is fairly easy to overcome. A free extension like the Hola Unblocker will do it, although in my opinion, subscribing to a proper VPN service is absolutely worth the investment to get pretty much unfettered access to the internet.

The program is terrific, and the footage from Wright's RB production of Sleeping Beauty left me desperately longing to see more.