This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Australia's most profound mystery and ballet

Good morning, I'm not at all sure where to put this, I hope you can find a spot for it.

W R G O A B A B D

This is the first of five lines of a mysterious code written on the back cover of a Rubaiyat. The man who owned it was found dead on a beach near Adelaide on December 1st 1948 and remains unidentified to this day.

It was remarked at the autopsy that the man had extremely well-developed calves and thighs, similar to what you might expect of a ballet dancer. Conjecture has it that he was visiting Adelaide to see his two year-old son, Robin Thomson (dec'd), who grew to be a well-known Australian dancer. The connection between the two was a phone number, also written on the back cover.

The reason I'm here is to test a theory: the five lines of code were written as an aide-memoire for for an up-coming event, or as a means of remembering the various movements in ballet.

For instance. Line 1.

Waltz – Relevé – Grand pas – Ouvert – Avant – Balancé – Allongé – Brise – Degage

The next line of code reads: 

WTBIMPANETP.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

pete

Edited by peteb
Consolidating known information

While each of the terms that you list would be found in a 'ballet dictionary,' they don't really make a phrase (sentence?)  Some are actual steps (waltz, brise, releve) while others would be more like adjectives or adverbs ('ouvert' or open could be appended to several different terms).  I love a sneaky dance reference, but I'm not sure that's what you have here.