This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Trying to identify a dance...

First of all, I’m sorry if this is not a right place to post this. I’m also sorry for my ignorance when it comes to ballet that will most probably show in what I’m about to write.

Anyway, I’m looking for a specific dance that I saw on TV (on Mezzo, I’m pretty sure) around five years ago, maybe more. I only remember one part of it, really. There were two dancers on the stage, a woman and a man, they were in an embrace, but the woman kept slowly slipping out of the man’s arms and falling to the ground – over and over again, and every time she fell, she hurried to stand up and get into his arms again. I think it was happening faster and faster, the whole sequence. There was this sense of urgency, feverishness in it all. It was really haunting, somehow.

Ever since I’ve seen that performance, or rather that specific part of it, I kept thinking about it. But only recently did I start getting more into dance and ballet, learning a bit more about it, and I don’t know why, but I’m suddenly desperate to find out what that performance that I remember so vividly was. I’d love to watch the entirety of it, if it was possible.

I know this is not much information about what I’m looking for at all, but maybe somebody has an idea what it could have been? Thank you!

This is exactly what I've been looking for! It was Pina Bausch's "Café Müller". As soon as I saw the stage design, I knew it was it, even though I didn't remember it in the first place. It's funny, I didn't remember the third person participating in the scene at all either. Thank you so much for your help!