This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tobias Praetorius has won the Reumert's Talent Award!

Corps dancer Tobias Praetorius has just won one of the Reumert's Talent Awards for his performance in Short Time Together earlier this season. His older sister, Ida Praetorius, principal, has been nominated to a Reumert for best female lead in a performance (this is, outside the dance category as well, she's up against some big names) for her Juliet.

The jury's motivation in my translation: "Tobias Praetorius has drama within his body. He finished his training with the Royal Danish Ballet School in 2014. He jumps fast and spins many pirouettes. But first and foremost, he has the ability to tell stories with his dance. In Short Time Together he danced with the shoulders of a god. He has talent enough to be able to tell stories to the entire world."

Very big praise and I couldn't agree more. I remember him in "Dancing With Anger" with Jonathan Chmelensky at last year's summer tour and although it was a modern piece and I suspect many people from Jutland were really there for Napoli and Swan Lake, he and Chmelensky still had the entire audience, old as young, in complete awe with their intensity and their interaction. They received a very loud applause.

I'm so glad he isn't forgotten in all the focus on his sister, because T. Praetorius has it all and I can't wait to see where he goes from here. He can dance both modern and the big classics with equal skill, so the world is his playground. The world is his stage!