This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

RDB Season 2016/17

Announced this morning, next season's programme includes:

Swan Lake (last season's new version)

Giselle (a new version by Hubbe and Schandorff, telling the story from Giselle's point of view in a 'modern and abstract language)

Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Dangerous Liaisons (a new piece by Cathy Marston)

Balanchine's Jewels

Triple bill: Vertical Road (Akram Khan)/Falling Angels (Kylian)/ new piece by Wayne McGregor

Triple bill - as I read it, an act of Bournonville extracts, another act of Petipa to Nemeier pieces, and Balanchine's Theme and Variations

Dans2Go (low price introductory programme) - Conservatoire (Bournonville)/Other Dances (Robbins)/new piece by company dancer Oliver Starpov

Also the usual programmes hosted by Hubbe, and the children's piece Fabelmageren

I still need to study my programme book in more detail, but I am so excited for next season's repertory. I honestly think it's the strongest overall repertory I've seen in the 5+ years I've followed the company. The only thing that could possibly have made it better was an added revisit of Lady of the Camellias, but I really liked what I've got. Especially Swan Lake, the new Giselle and Jewels have me stoked. I'm also looking forward to Alice and the new piece by Starpov!