This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT on Tour 2016 - casting

I wish they'd give Stella an Aurora. Would be nice to give her a test run before the Met! All that work and she only gets one performance at the Met. All the other Auroras have had so much stage time.

I agree. That happened to Sarah Lane last year and it did not serve her well, IMO. At least Abrera has been around the production for over a year. That could help.

Just got the winter Membership-Drive mailer for Wolf Trap summer 2016 and see that ABT will be performing ROMEO & JULIET there after their Met run. Exact dates and cast not yet cited but I'll guess that "Misty Fever" will be upon our nation's capital once again. This would be the first time in decades that a major ballet troupe plays Wolf Trap. Something special is up.

Reporting back from Detroit: Trenary's debut as Aurora was triumphant. Very pleased that management gave her the chance to perform this role. Her technique was pristine and her acting in each act was exceptional. Everything went smoothly and looked effortless - which we can't say for some of the seasoned principals! Would suggest New Yorkers get tickets to her June 29th (matinee) performance. You will be thankful to catch this young talent early!

Reporting back from Detroit: Trenary's debut as Aurora was triumphant. Very pleased that management gave her the chance to perform this role. Her technique was pristine and her acting in each act was exceptional. Everything went smoothly and looked effortless - which we can't say for some of the seasoned principals! Would suggest New Yorkers get tickets to her June 29th (matinee) performance. You will be thankful to catch this young talent early!

Thanks, onxmyxtoes...I was about to post a plea for reports, as nothing has showed up on Instagram! I'm so pleased that her first lead in a full-length went well. :)

Thank you onxmyxtoes. Great to know that her debut was wonderful.

I'm sad I won't be able to attend the Met season this year as I had hoped; I'm hoping I'll be closer to NY by next year so I hope they keep SB for another year. If and when I can watch SB at the Met I'll be sure to attend one of Ms. Trenary's performances as Aurora.

Reporting back from Detroit: .... - which we can't say for some of the seasoned principals! ....

After just having had the flu bug myself and still recovering, I do appreciate what Ms. Murphy must be going through and wish her a speedy recovery! I thank you as well for the review from Detroit onxmyxtoes but will have to differ from your opinion about the "seasoned principals", as I am sure Ms. Murphy did quite well before she took ill. I am sure all the "seasoned principals" did well or did their best, and the company also did well to make the shows enjoyable. I am shocked however, that with all the publicity of Misty's arrival that she should not end up in Detroit with the Aurora lead!! That must have caused quite a stir? I can understand for the Met, but this Detroit tour seemed all about Misty yet she was only a secondary lead?!

I didn't see these Detroit shows and therefore cannot be certain of my comment, but I have to say I am not a big fan of Mr. Whiteside, his technique is indeed up to par of Mr. Gomes yet he lacks emotion each time I have seen him at the Met, this is perhaps he didn't feel the connection with his given partners. I am glad to hear that management may be giving chances to the new generation and hope they do give opportunities to the others as well since I can see a few gems! Instead of spending their funds to import IMO!

After just having had the flu bug myself and still recovering, I do appreciate what Ms. Murphy must be going through and wish her a speedy recovery! I thank you as well for the review from Detroit onxmyxtoes but will have to differ from your opinion about the "seasoned principals", as I am sure Ms. Murphy did quite well before she took ill. I am sure all the "seasoned principals" did well or did their best, and the company also did well to make the shows enjoyable.

Wanted to clarify that my comment on some seasoned principals not always performing smoothly/effortlessly was not referring to this Detroit run or Ms. Murphy at all (Murphy did not perform this tour due to the flu).

Having watched 4 years of ABT Met Seasons, I was referring to some performances where I felt, as an audience member, uncertain if a dancer in a principal role was going to complete some technical aspects of her performance.

I personally think Gillian Murphy is the dancer that seems the most secure in her performances :)