This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Ballet preview livestream Ocober 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Jack Reed

From experience, I suggest getting there early - to the page where the livestream will show, and even better, to one end or the other of the Kennedy Center foyer, where the Millennium Stage is set up - a small one in past years, with seats for a small audience ranked up. (Millennium Stage shows are always free.)

If you can't get there in person, you might benefit from some practice playing the video, and there's a livestream of something almost every evening at 6:00 Eastern Time to use, as well as an archive including previous TSFB previews.

Here's a link to the Millenium Stage page, which will likely change before your eyes, or require refreshing, as the show begins :

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/

(If you miss the livestream, it may be archived among the others you see listed there; the only exception I can remember was so badly shot, it was not worth keeping, but the Suzanne Farrell Ballet transmissions are sometimes very adroitly managed.)

Here's a link to a page where the repertory for TSFB's upcoming season is given:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/event/BQBSB

I would expect excerpts from this to be on the preview program, although in the past items from future engagements have also turned up.

Scroll down, and check out the gallery! If you click on an image and open it, the repertory, dancers, and even the photographer are identified in the address bar of your browser.

It now appears, 45 minutes before start, that the program will include two excerpts from Balanchine's Don Quixote in recognition of the work's fiftieth anniversary; and some dim video showing some dancers in discussion about an hour ago suggests another theater than the Millennium Stage in the foyer may be the venue, one with a larger stage.