This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Amy Watson from RDB to Guest in the Amore Italiano Program

Helene

OBT posted to Facebook that Amy Watson from the Royal Danish Ballet will guest in the Amore Italiano program this Fall:

https://www.facebook.com/oregonballettheatre/photos/a.138763421099.111059.34067106099/10153555118336100/?type=1&theater

The program is Bournonville's "Napoli" (Act III) and Kudelka's "Sub Rosa" with music by Carlo Gesualdo and runs Saturday, October 10 (7:30pm), Sunday October 11 (2pm), and Thursday, October 15-Saturday October 17 (7:30pm) at Keller Auditorium.

Single tickets go on sale on 1 September.

http://www.obt.org/subscriptions.html

Glad to see that Watson is getting to perform in the US! She was made artistic advisor for Avery Ballet earlier this summer (I think she's an alumni?) and now this... Judging by the videos on her instagram, she's in fine shape and will do the Bournonville style proud. OBT got lucky!

I struggle with the description of "Napoli" Act III: "stripped of most of the mime and most of the character roles, and lovingly and meticulously staged by Andersen, Eva Kloborg and Anne Marie Vessel-Schlűter." I would expect a truly loving staging to include the mime and the character roles, but recognize that with lack of experience, let alone expertise, in those performance traditions, the quality might very well have been erratic if included.

I'm really sorry I couldn't get down to Portland, to see what was happening with this work. Martha Ullman West sat in on several rehearsals, and wrote a preview that I think is also on the Oregon Arts Watch site -- she would have the most detailed material.