This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Radetsky and Selya Among Fall 2015 Fellows at NYU's CBA

David Hallberg just tweeted

Congrats to friend and a man I look up to for his dignity & class & a writing style apart from the others.

about Sascha Radetsky's tweet with a link the the article from NYU that announced the eight Fall 2015 Fellows at the Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) at the university:

http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2015/07/28/center-for-ballet-announces-fall-fellows.html

Radetsky and John Selya are two former ABT alums who are fellows for the fall.

The Fellowship program, entering its third term this fall, supports artists and scholars engaging in projects of a variety of disciplines related to the creation and study of ballet. Previous fellows have included filmmaker Fredrick Wiseman, singer-songwriter Suzanne Vega, and director-choreographer John Carrafa. This fall’s group of fellows also includes scholar Juliet Bellow, author-producer Joseph Horowitz, art critic Jed Perl, choreographer John Selya, and puppeteer Basil Twist.

Well deserved. From his Vogue articles, I thought him a flavorful and reflective writer, and I look forward to the novel that comes from the time of his fellowship. Is it too much to ask, or too undignified of me to wonder, if it will be a rather saucy roman a clef about a certain ballet company?

Well deserved. From his Vogue articles, I thought him a flavorful and reflective writer, and I look forward to the novel that comes from the time of his fellowship. Is it too much to ask, or too undignified of me to wonder, if it will be a rather saucy roman a clef about a certain ballet company?

I can't imagine Radetsky would write a tell-all sort of book about ABT. He's got too much class for that. I've also enjoyed his writing immensely and can't wait to read more of it.

I can't imagine Radetsky would write a tell-all sort of book about ABT. He's got too much class for that. I've also enjoyed his writing immensely and can't wait to read more of it.

I agree that any tell-all would be a detriment to his wife's career, as much as many of us await one of these types of books about a certain company, feeling a bit naughty myself smile.png Great Hollywood stuff, not a Black Swan type but a Peyton Place type drama, if anyone recalls that series so very long ago.

I actually read the book, which was even more soapy than the television series.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Indeed sandik and definitely know Redetsky's narrative will be far less soapy but hopefully more insightful, can't wait to get my hands on his story.