Plisskin

Joy Womack

Nzoia   
On 8/8/2017 at 0:40 PM, CharlieH said:

Just based on the dancing that I've observed with my own two eyes, at Kremlin Ballet in Moscow, Joy Womack is a lovely dancer. I like that she has a distinctive personality and is not a cookie-cutter swan, yet has always been technically adept in what I've seen. I don't understand the negativity but, then again, I do not follow vlogs or any other social media sites of dancers.

Hi Charlie,

I agree.  I think Joy Womack is a very talented dancer, with much potential.  She sometimes speaks unprofessionally about her co-dancers and company in her vlogs, putting herself at risk of jeopardizing her future.  That is why many people express their hope that she stop vlogging.

Nzoia   

Watched Joy Womack, with her partner, Alexey Lyubimov, a soloist from the Stanislavsky Ballet of Moscow, dancing the Black Swan Pas de Deux at the Asian Grand Prix.  Albeit, the video was a la  Womack from the wings; however, in my view, anyone who pulls her dancing apart is simply not on.  She has become a dancer to be reckoned with.  My hope is that she will tone down her vlogging -- preferably end it -- and continue her career, for now, in Moscow at the Kremlin or other ballet company in Russia.  She invested so much to obtain that  Russian connection.  It is why she is where she is today.

In her newest vlog (How To Read the Signs that it's Time to Move On), she seems like she wants to move on but is still holding onto the Kremlin at the same time. She also talks about how was has been treated there since she got back. It honestly just doesn't seem to be a good fit, but I can understand wanting to feel safe and not risking losing a job in Moscow.