This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I agree that Q&A phase was a disaster, but Miss Ukraine did not answer the question at all, which was what is you country's biggest contribution to the world. Supporting the Ukranian army is not one of them. She had a translator, so it wasn't a matter of not hearing or understanding a question.

Miss Universe does a lot of travel and outreach to Latin America, which is why many of the winners and finalists have been from Central and South America and speaking Spanish and not as much English. I know for the judges questions they drew from a hat, but it was an interesting test for them to respond to judges speaking accented English, something they're likely to encounter frequently on their tours.

I agree that Q&A phase was a disaster, but Miss Ukraine did not answer the question at all, which was what is you country's biggest contribution to the world. Supporting the Ukranian army is not one of them. She had a translator, so it wasn't a matter of not hearing or understanding a question.

Miss Universe does a lot of travel and outreach to Latin America, which is why many of the winners and finalists have been from Central and South America and speaking Spanish and not as much English. I know for the judges questions they drew from a hat, but it was an interesting test for them to respond to judges speaking accented English, something they're likely to encounter frequently on their tours.

Yes...it is true that Miss Ukraine wasn't really answering the question. I felt she just wanted to spit out her patriotic position. I found it valid though...the very questions are very silly to start with...

I also noticed the puzzled expressions of the women at not understanding the questions. Interesting to note that the question Miss Ukraine got was if she would choose or not to eliminate the bathing suit segment from the competition, to which she only said..."I feel comfortable in anything...' Something like..."screw the feminists and look at our wonderful bodies..!" ;-)