This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Marijn Rademaker joining the Dutch National Ballet

Marijn Rademaker will join the Dutch National Ballet from the 1st of january 2015 on after being with the Stuttgart Ballet for almost 15 years. He will be the only Dutch principal dancer at the Dutch National Ballet again after Boris de Leeuw. Marijn will continue to guest with the Stuttgart Ballet.

Marijn: “I am very exited returning to my country and dance at the Dutch National Ballet. I think it’s a great and versatile company with a great repertoire. After being a regular guest artist with the company I noticed how much I missed Holland and how much I like the group. I came to a point in my life where I feel it is important for me as a person and artist to continue my journey in the Netherlands.

I have been at the Stuttgart Ballet for almost 15 years and I love the Stuttgart Ballet so this was not an easy decision for me. Without Reid Anderson and the whole Stuttgart Ballet I wouldn’t be the dancer I am now. They taught me what dance is, what it means to me and how to áctually dance. I am very very grateful for all they have given me and will miss them very much. A part of me will always be a Stuttgart dancer. It makes me happy to take all I have learned to my new company and continue my journey there!

Ted Brandsen, director of the Dutch National Ballet:

“I’m delighted that Marijn Rademaker is coming to join Dutch National Ballet. He is without doubt the best male classical dancer from the Netherlands in the world today. He has a strong presence and moves the audience with his special combination of sublime classical ballet technique, great intuitive musicality and intense charisma. This combination makes Marijn not only a dream ballet prince, but also a sublime interpreter of the neoclassical and modern ballet repertoire of choreographers like Hans van Manen, George Balanchine and John Neumeier.When Marijn came to Dutch National Ballet a few years ago as a guest artist, there was no indication that he would join our company on a permanent contract. His decision to move to the Netherlands and join Dutch National Ballet is a great asset to the art of dance in the Netherlands and to Dutch National Ballet in particular”.

Reid Anderson, director of the Stuttgart Ballet:

“Marijn Rademaker danced almost everything in our repertoire and inspired many choreographers who created great roles for him. He is an exceptional dancer, a darling of the public and a beautiful person. We will miss him very much and wish he will continue dancing here as a guest.