This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Vitor Luiz appearing with ENB

I don't see this posted anywhere...English National Ballet just sent out an e-mail with some news, including Vitor Luiz' debut with ENB. He doesn't have a bio page on the ENB web site and is not listed as a guest artist on their roster. He's still listed on the SFB site, so perhaps this is a one-time appearance.

http://www.sfballet.org/company/dancers/principals/Vitor_Luiz

Vitor Luiz
We are delighted to announce that Vitor Luiz will make his debut with English National Ballet in Swan Lake, performing alongside Fernanda Oliveira. His first performance with the Company will be on Thursday 9
January 2015 at London Coliseum. Currently a Principal at San Francisco Ballet, Vitor Luiz trained at The Royal Ballet School. Luiz has previously performed with Birmingham Royal Ballet and Municipal Theater Ballet, Rio de Janeiro. In 2010 Luiz won the Isadora Duncan Dance Award for Best Ensemble Performance in Possokhov’s Classical Symphony.

Photo from former SFB, current ENB dancer Madison Keesler, with former SFB dancer, current film student Quinn Wharton; and current SFB principal and current ENB guest Vitor Luiz.

He's still listed on the SFB site, so perhaps this is a one-time appearance.

According to meunier fan's post, he'll be dancing Swan Lake and Coppelia due to some injuries among the ENB men (which means, I sincerely hope, he'll be back in time for the SFB 2015 season). I saw his Franz a few years ago and he was terrific. I'd like to see his SL: he has the technique, lines and acting ability to be an excellent Siegfried.