This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB 2015 Promotions and new members

Hi California (what's your last name: Drought? sad.png )

She [Messmer] is still on the soloists page.

I think you must be looking at on old link; she's not on the current soloist page. You really had my hopes up there for a minute.

Any casting info yet for the new season?

The 2015 season starts in January and we get casting one whole, big, gigantic week in advance of the performance date dry.png .

There are several ways to "remove" pages: one is to delete it, another is to change the url to an archived location that won't be found, another is to put something in the page's code to instruct search engines to bypass it, and a somewhat common one is to delete the reference link. Often, especially for bios, companies will remove the link from the referring pages, in this case a category page like "Soloist," while maintaining the actual bio page that a search engine can still find. If the bio page is still hosted publically, search engines will find it.

I'm also not entirely sure under what circumstances google and individual computers access cached pages that have been changed or are no longer available.

Perhaps opposite to the point of this thread, but Mathilde Froustey writes on her blog that Pascal Molat will be retiring in the spring with a performance of Romeo and Juliet: http://mathildefroustey.me/2014/11/18/des-gaufres-et-des-tutus/.

The male principal rank has taken a lot of hits the last few seasons. I hope this opens the way for at least one promotion from within, instead of bringing in more outsiders.

Another promotion: Both Odette’s Ordeal and former SFB corp dancer Madison Keesler are tweeting that Koto Ishihara has been promoted to soloist. Unfortunately, the SFB website has been down all day (actually, nothing much is working around here; major rain storm, with some flooding and power outages: big mess, but at least it's water, which we haven't seen much in the last three years!), so no official news yet.

I like Ishihara a lot; she can display some youthful awkwardness occasionally, but she has lovely arms and upper body and good technique (a couple of seasons ago I saw her take a fall at the end of her Suite en Blanc variation, but she recovered like a pro; probably anyone unfamiliar with the choreography wouldn’t have known there was a problem).

Congratulations to Koto. flowers.gif

Another promotion: Both Odette’s Ordeal and former SFB corp dancer Madison Keesler are tweeting that Koto Ishihara has been promoted to soloist. Unfortunately, the SFB website has been down all day ... so no official news yet.

Koto Ishihara’s bio has been moved to the soloist page, so it's now official.

Also noted: Rubén Martín Cintas is now listed as a ‘Principal Character’ (by which I assume they mean he’s a character dancer, not an odd person).