This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sofia Arzhakovskaya (Sofya Skya)

Jayne

Do you watch ViceTV? I love it just for the odd ball stories. It's not really investigative journalism, but rather dog-bites-man weird interviews and documentaries.

Yesterday I watched this: A Day with a Russian Billionaire

And I noticed that the wife mentioned she met him in the theatre. I ran a google search, and it turns out she was a Vagonova student, who married the Billionaire at 18, and later that year represented Russia to become Mrs World. That in and of itself is a drama of pageant proportions. Let me tell you, you don't see beauty queen announcements like this every day. To quote Mrs New Zealand: "FI-AS-CO" And the angel kid coming down on the cable, twice! Oh my.

Can anyone find out which class Sofia Arzhakovskaya belonged to at Vagonova? Who were her classmates? Are there any videos out there of her class dancing?

Do you watch ViceTV? I love it just for the odd ball stories. It's not really investigative journalism, but rather dog-bites-man weird interviews and documentaries.

Yesterday I watched this: A Day with a Russian Billionaire

And I noticed that the wife mentioned she met him in the theatre. I ran a google search, and it turns out she was a Vagonova student, who married the Billionaire at 18, and later that year represented Russia to become Mrs World. That in and of itself is a drama of pageant proportions. Let me tell you, you don't see beauty queen announcements like this every day. To quote Mrs New Zealand: "FI-AS-CO" And the angel kid coming down on the cable, twice! Oh my.

Can anyone find out which class Sofia Arzhakovskaya belonged to at Vagonova? Who were her classmates? Are there any videos out there of her class dancing?

If you go to the Russian wikipedia site and use google chrome to translate the Russian, it is somewhat confusing as far as exact details, but it seems to indicate that she started at Vaganova at age 9, although age 10 is the normal starting age. Then it says that she spent 3 years learning modern or contemporary dance in the Russian theater. I do not know if the Russian theater means Vaganova school, but my guess is no, since modern dance is not in the first year curriculum. Then it says that at age 12, she went to Ufa, where Nureyev came from, and took ballet in Ufa.

It is difficult to know how long she trained at Vaganova and I am not certain from the confusing wording, that she ever was officially a student at Vaganova. It is possible that she auditioned for the school and was not accepted and went to some local theater for modern dance and at age 12, took up ballet in Ufa.

Maybe you can find more information, but clearly, she never was at Vaganova for the older groups.