This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Corps de Ballet promotions

This overlaps with my thoughts on Ms Lunkina and NBoC. The common thread of dancer criticism of ABT is the lack of coaching. The common thread of the guests, is that they arrive already beautifully coached.

Dancing for ABT seems to be a feather in the cap for guests in their career resumes. That said, they rarely ever want to tour with ABT - either abroad or in the US. Even sunny Los Angeles is not a draw (god bless the dancers who do go, however!)

Wouldn' it be fantastic if ABT mandated guest exchanges for all visiting artists? Imagine if, in return for Stephen McRae, James Whiteside was offered the opportunity of several months of coaching with RB in the Ashton style. Or if Svetlana Lunkina could dance for ABT in return for sending Simone Messmer to the Bolshoi for additional 1 on 1 coaching?

This overlaps with my thoughts on Ms Lunkina and NBoC. The common thread of dancer criticism of ABT is the lack of coaching. The common thread of the guests, is that they arrive already beautifully coached.

Dancing for ABT seems to be a feather in the cap for guests in their career resumes. That said, they rarely ever want to tour with ABT - either abroad or in the US. Even sunny Los Angeles is not a draw (god bless the dancers who do go, however!)

Wouldn' it be fantastic if ABT mandated guest exchanges for all visiting artists? Imagine if, in return for Stephen McRae, James Whiteside was offered the opportunity of several months of coaching with RB in the Ashton style. Or if Svetlana Lunkina could dance for ABT in return for sending Simone Messmer to the Bolshoi for additional 1 on 1 coaching?

Cory Stearns is going to the RB in December( as exchange with S Mcrae) I hope he gets coaching( from Jonathan Cope or A Dowell) for his coming Manon debut. Isabella B. is going to RDB ( in exchange with A Lendorf) in December too