This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT in Barcelona Oct 2012

Angel is true to his name. So generous and forgiving.

Yes, he truly is... he doesn't deserve to have to fight so hard for his dream... a dream that only would mean benefits for Barcelona under cultural and economical point of view. I can't understand why our authorities are so blind.

As for lending the studios, as I reported, during ABT performances in Barcelona Angel was in Rome dancing The Dance of the Hours of La Gioconda with Letizia Giuliani but Carmen attended Saturday night so probably it was she who told ABT dancers to go to take classes at their premises.

Carolina, it is wonderful to have the chance to read your impressions of the Don Q performances. Thank you! I especially appreciate your comments about Paloma Herrera's performance. She is a great dancer who is sometimes overlooked here on Ballet Alert.

By the way, I loved your interview with Herrera in Ballet y mas. She seems delightful -- and still very much of an enthusiast for life and for ballet.

Carolina, I loved reading your review of the performances. I am always thrilled when Veronika Part, Stella Abrera, and Sarah Lane are singled out for their exquisite dancing. In the upcoming Spring Season in New York, the Principal Dancer Veronika Part is finally being given her due of an expanded repertoire and company recognition. Stella Abrera has long deserved promotion to Principal Dancer and an opportunity to dance leading roles in full-length ballets. Sarah Lane has Principal potential and should be given more opportunities as well. So thank you, especially, for focusing on the secondary roles (without which a ballet would not sustain) as well as the leading roles.