This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Marie-Agnès Gillot to Debut as Choreographer for Paris Opera Ballet

FYI: I metioned this previously on BalletCo...

Paris Opera Ballet étoile Marie-Agnès Gillot is preparing her first choreographed piece for the POB (2013). Looks to be part of a Cunninghman tribute. There is video (in French) announcing this at:

http://www.operadeparis.fr/en/saison_2012_2013/Ballets/gillot-cunningham/decouvrir/presentation/video

I don't happen to speak French so I'm not sure of the details. She has done some short modern pieces for outside projects, but I believe this would be her first full length project for the POB. Note that Marie-Agnès Gillot was the first dancer in the history of the Paris Opera Ballet to be made an Etoile not at the end of a traditional ballet, but after a modern dance performance. Seems to me that it is unusual for a female étoile to create a dance at the POB (especially while still on the active roster). Hopefully this goes well for her. I imagine the POB wouldn't even be chancing this project unless the intial work looked promising.