This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I found this which says that Viengsay Valdes and Osiel Gounod will be there, so you are certain to not be completely disappointed! They are wonderful.

Valdes and Gounod will share the stage with soloists from renowned ballet

companies, such as the Paris Opera Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, Mariinski

Ballet, the Dutch National Ballet and the Opera Ballet of Burdeaux, among

others.

http://www.cubanews.ain.cu/2012/0308Prague-Ballet.htm

Please let us know how it went.

Unfortunately they cancelled the gala 3 days before, when I was already in Prague. No announcements were made (except of a small one on the Czech website of the National Theatre) and many people only found out when getting there :(

Friends, It is a pity the fact that I cannot be there. Osiel and Viengsay are wonderful Cuban dancers. He is one of the new ones, and lately she has been dancing in his shadow. She has always been a virtuosa, not technique at all, much training during the rehearsals, I would say, some artistic-failure, not the same with him, just that lately he had been taking his fake way, and luckly someone has given him some important advice in order for him not to get off course, or get the wrong one. But anyway, definitely, they are great, he the most. No matter what they do with their artistic self-styles and dominance on stage. You will never want to see Vi, as we balletomanes call her in Cuba, dancing Odette, Gisell willi, or those romantic and lyrical roles, Les Sylphides is a desastrous feat for her. Just enjoy of her in Kitri (excluding The dream of Don Quijote), Giselle peasant, Dido abandonada, some of La fille, The magic flute, and Black Swan (sometimes loosing lines, her body has not been made to ballet, but exquisitely characterized, I enjoy her reverance, it is unique). Dont be fooled by her acrobatic tricks, her fouettes are not the best ones, she lacks too much en dehors, and her combination of turns of different types is not the best, although she impresses quite much. He is a real virtuoso. Latest performace of Coppelia they gave their best performace, but not their most beautiful one, aesthetically speaking. The came out to the stage to heat up the audience, as we Cuban balletomanes say. But enjoy them anyway, I hope they will know how to manage with temptation abroad. comments atto rogelio@flex.uh.cu

They will be dancing Diana and Actaeon pas de deux, she has a beautiful characterization of the Godess, and I would be looking forward to seeing his jump, and feet-leg combination at jumping, he is perfect and impresses jumps, leaps and combining legs poses. She in the coda takes some arrows out of her quiver, bends her bow, and releases the arrow. That is too quickly, in one turn between fouettes, I have seen her in slow motion and is a desastrous, but on stage it really impresses and is beautiful. Her variation is not good, not conditions at all for it, just turns. Comment on the performance for me to have details of the show, They are a show, above all she. rogelio@flex.uh.cu