This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Do you know which dancers will appear? Do the same dancers appear at both dates of each event? Are both dates streamed?

All I know is what's on their web site. But if they are flying in from Seattle, it would make sense to use the same dancers both nights. I'm not aware of any public performances by PNB in New York next spring. Does anyone else?

According to the site, both programs are streamed.

Each of the four programs has the blurb about being live-streamed. I watched some of those last spring, but don't recall exactly if I was seeing it live each time. Was the second night really just a tape of the first? Perhaps others who watched these remember.

I wasn't able to see any in person in 2011. I do remember that these ballet programs sold out rather quickly, so the live stream was the only way to see them for most people, even those in New York.

Do you know which dancers will appear? Do the same dancers appear at both dates of each event? Are both dates streamed?

Each event is streamed live. If you watch the stream on Monday night it's what is taking place on Monday, not Sunday.

Neither W&P nor the companies announce dancers in advance. ABT sometimes changes dancers (usually just one or two of their senior principals) between the Sunday and Monday events. As California notes, it becomes a more costly option when companies fly in and stay overnight. As best as I can recall for previous events, PNB used the same dancers both nights, as did the Royal Danes last year. NYCB, when they participated, also presented programs with a single cast for both nights, and they're less than two miles away!