This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Giveaway: Ballet books & mags

I've got a large stack of "Dance" and "Dancer" magazines to give away, along with about 10 or so ballet books. I'll be in NYC on Thursday and was hoping to arrange to meet whoever might want them at some point during the afternoon or evening. I'd really prefer that one person takes all of them because I don't want to spend my time arranging meetings. Please send me a private message if you're interested.

The magazines are all from the mid-to-late '90's and early 2000's. Most are in great shape, although a dancer might have cut pictures of herself and friends out of a small handful of them.

4 books (and possibly a couple more if I see that they're also duplicates) of what I already own) are autobiographies:

Allegra Kent's Once a Dancer... (hardcover)

Gelsey Kirkland's Dancing on my Grave (hardcover)

Edward Villella's Prodigal Son (softcover)

Maria Tallchief's Maria Tallchief: America's Prima Ballerina (hardcover)

One book is probably not actually a book, but an approximately 9"x12" colorful 50 page booklet on heavy paper of the Ballet Folklorico de Mexico. There's also a program inside the book. The elderly man who gave it to me was once a dancer back in the 50's and '60's and my guess is that this booklet comes from that time.

A 1959 paperback by Walter Terry entitled, Ballet: A New Guide to the Liveliest Art

The final 3 (so far) are for ballet students:

The Young Dancer featuring Darcey Bussell

Basic Ballet: The Steps Defined by Joyce Mackie

Dancer's Resource: Getting Your Act Together (a Watson-Guptill Guide)

I might have some other books, probably paperback Agnes deMille autobiographies (they are GREAT!)