This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Two Reviews of Alberta Ballet's Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Two Reviews of Alberta Ballet's Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Sarah McLachlan ballet shimmers in beauty (Globe and Mail)

Ballet Review: The Alberta Ballet’s Fumbling Towards Ecstacy (National Post)

I thoroughly enjoyed Thursday's performance.

Also, here is a brief podcast

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Alberta Ballet opens the ballet tonight in the Jubilee. For dancer Galien Johnston it's bittersweet as she is retiring from the company this season.

Moderators, feel free to move to links, delete, or leave "as is."

Moderators, feel free to move to links, delete, or leave "as is."

Our Links policy is very straightforward:

dirac and Mme. Hermine are our official Links people, and they post ballet-related links in the daily Links threads. In addition, administrators may post additional links in the Links threads.

News links are permitted to be re-posted in the appropriate thread only if the poster has a comment, analysis or question that initiates a robust discussion, because only our Links team and admins have posting rights in the Links threads. For example, professional reviews may be posted in the "Writing on Ballet" forum, if there is a comment about the critic. Our company forums are there for our members' reviews.

The only exceptions are if there is a link to a video, which is permitted to be re-posted in the "Ballet Videos..." forum. Links to podcasts/promo videos/other audio and video media are rarely posted in Links threads; these may be posted in the appropriate company forum.

If you find a link that is missing from the daily links thread the day after the publication date, you are welcome to send it to the "Contact Us" link via email. We link to articles in the mainstream press and blogs by professional critics. We do not post links to general or non-professional blogs, however informative, or Facebook pages or Tweets.

If anyone has any questions about this, please PM me or use the "Contact Us" link, and I will clarify.