This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lorna Feijoo

It's really hard to know where to start praising this: the shy look at Siegfried when he raised her from the opening pose; the lovely flow in her dancing throughout, like a long sigh; her beautiful, undistorted extensions and lines; the subtlety of her arms (NO FLAPPING!!!) and upper body; the tenderness between her and Siegfried (Carreno needs to be given credit here for his fine partnering). And to top it off, during the bow, I loved what she did with her arms, starting about 7:06.

BTW, how tall is she? She looks little, but even on a grainy video you can see the size of her dancing.

Cristian, thank you so much for this. flowers.gif It has a permanent place on my bookmarks bar.

It's really hard to know where to start praising this: the shy look at Siegfried when he raised her from the opening pose; the lovely flow in her dancing throughout, like a long sigh; her beautiful, undistorted extensions and lines; the subtlety of her arms (NO FLAPPING!!!) and upper body; the tenderness between her and Siegfried (Carreno needs to be given credit here for his fine partnering). And to top it off, during the bow, I loved what she did with her arms, starting about 7:06.

BTW, how tall is she? She looks little, but even on a grainy video you can see the size of her dancing.

Cristian, thank you so much for this. flowers.gif It has a permanent place on my bookmarks bar.

My pleasure. Lorna holds a special place in my Cuban ballet view years. Even though I was still able to see the older golden generation ofCuban ballerinas, it was really during Lorna's era when I could really had a real understanding of what I was watching, and so her dancing lighted up the subject for me. As per height, she's pretty average...not short, not uber tall.

Thank you! That was wonderful!

I cannot help but wonder how the male dancer is doing today; how his back is? He is marvelous, as she is, too, of course, but those back-bends after some of his leaps made me hurt in sympathy.

Anyway, that was a lovely start to my Friday!

-d-

Thank you! That was wonderful!

I cannot help but wonder how the male dancer is doing today; how his back is? He is marvelous, as she is, too, of course, but those back-bends after some of his leaps made me hurt in sympathy.

Anyway, that was a lovely start to my Friday!

-d-

I'm glad you enjoyed the clip, diane. Mr Guerra is currently the AD of the argentinean company "Ballet del Mercosur", and was dancing as far as 2012. I had the pleasure of seeing a lot of his dancing, as well as his peer Julio Bocca back in the 90's. They were both magnificent.