This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2010-11 Season

The current season is almost over(unbelievable) and pretty successful(IMO). Many of the full-lenghts did quite well in the boxoffice and offered outstanding dramatic performances.

So far,a new Nutcracker and ABT premieres of Bright Stream and Duo Concertante has been announced. What is in your wish list? I'll start w/ A Month in the Country and revivals of La Fille Mal Gardee and Onegin. :)

I have other Ashton wishes - I'd love to see ABT do The Two Pigeons and Rhapsody. And please bring back Symphonic Variations.

Would also love to see Raymonda again. It's very unlikely that they'd commission a new production so soon after the last one, and I thought the Holmes version was ok. Didn't love the costumes, but the dance text itself was fine, I'd gladly go see it again!

And Giselle, of course!

More Ashton! Along with a revival of Fille, what about "Ondine"? I think Diana Vishneva and Marcelo Gomes would be very interesting in it. I could also see Stella Abrera as the title character.

What about Cojocuru in" Ondine? " I'd love to see her also in "La Fille". Absolutely more Ashton!...Or on another note, I'd love to see this company do a full length "Jewels", or "Symphony in C". Give these wonderful dancers something to dance!

I agree with what everyone has said so far. I would like to see as much Ashton as possible (unfortunately I've seen so little), especially La Fille, A Month in the Country and Les Patineurs. And though ABT will probably never bring back the David Blair Swan Lake, I wish Act IV could be lengthened, the handsome von Rothbart done away with, and that ridiculous prologue also gotten rid of.

And I think ABT has a tendency to do the Balanchine works that are wrong for the company. I would love to see them do Stars and Stripes, maybe even Union Jack.

I agree with more Ashton and more Ashton. My number 1 wish list is Ashton's Cinderella, ABT needs to get rid of its third-rated Canadian import. How difficult to obtain the rights? Rhapsody would be a great vehicle for Cornejo and Simkin. Monotones II is also on my wish list. I think Joffrey has the most Ashton in North America, if not outside of UK. But ABT has more means and clout to spread the gospel of Ashton across America.

With 2 new full length productions in the works, I don't think we'll get any further full length productions until 2012 at the earliest. Further down the line, I wish ABT could take on the reconstruction of Swan Lake, a project that Mariinsky abandoned. May be a co-production with the Mariisky. Does Harvard have all the necessary materials to mount the reconstruction? If ABT aspires to be one of the top companies in the world, it needs to take on project like this. And Ratmansky should be more than capable to mount the reconstruction. In the mean time, ABT needs to get rid of its SL prologue and restore the Act IV.

And how about Paquitta?

Speak of Raymonda, I wish NYCB could use Balanchine's Pas de Dix, Rayomonda Variations, and Cortege Hongrois, and may be some Petipa original materials to fill in the missing pieces in between to mount a full length production.

So far,a new Nutcracker and ABT premieres of Bright Stream and Duo Concertante has been announced. What is in your wish list? I'll start w/ A Month in the Country and revivals of La Fille Mal Gardee and Onegin. :wink:

Onegin coming back seems like a decent possibility as Kevin McKenzie probably wants to give Julie Kent some good vehicles at this point in her career. However, with Lady of the Camillas back next year it may go into the rotation the year after.

Onegin coming back seems like a decent possibility as Kevin McKenzie probably wants to give Julie Kent some good vehicles at this point in her career. However, with Lady of the Camillas back next year it may go into the rotation the year after.

Is there confirmation that Camellias is coming back next year? I had not heard that before. Also, I'm sure that Duo Concertante is designed to to give Kent work. This has become a go-to ballet for aging dancers. It's also cheap, since the costumes are practice leotards.

Is there confirmation that Camellias is coming back next year? I had not heard that before. Also, I'm sure that Duo Concertante is designed to to give Kent work. This has become a go-to ballet for aging dancers. It's also cheap, since the costumes are practice leotards.

D Vishneva had mentioned it in her website.

D Vishneva had mentioned it in her website.

Yep. She's usually fairly reliable with what she posts.

So far,a new Nutcracker and ABT premieres of Bright Stream and Duo Concertante has been announced. What is in your wish list? I'll start w/ A Month in the Country and revivals of La Fille Mal Gardee and Onegin. :wink:

Julie danced Tatiana in the Onegin premiere but i would like to see what Diana would do with this role( w/ M Gomes as Onegin)

ABT has posted info on its website regarding the ballets it will perform at the Kennedy Center in Jan 2011. They include Lilac Garden and Theme & Variations, as well as Bright Stream. They have also posted the ballets they will perform in London in 2011, which includes Tharps's Know By Heart, Seven Sonatas, Millipied's Everything Doesn't Happen All At Once (why does he give these absurd, verbose titles to his ballets?!), Lilac G., T&V, Duo Concertante, and Company B.

I hope we in NY get Lilac Garden and T&V next season. Anybody have any inside info on whether we will be getting those ballets next season?

ABT has posted info on its website regarding the ballets it will perform at the Kennedy Center in Jan 2011. They include Lilac Garden and Theme & Variations, as well as Bright Stream. They have also posted the ballets they will perform in London in 2011, which includes Tharps's Know By Heart, Seven Sonatas, Millipied's Everything Doesn't Happen All At Once (why does he give these absurd, verbose titles to his ballets?!), Lilac G., T&V, Duo Concertante, and Company B.

I hope we in NY get Lilac Garden and T&V next season. Anybody have any inside info on whether we will be getting those ballets next season?

All of the above mentioned ballets would be awesome to see here in NYC! Seven Sonatas and the MIllepied piece would be spectacular at the Met. And I would go down on my hands and knees to see Tharp's "Known By Heart" again. Great ballet and one the current crop of dancers would excel in! Yes, please! And I would love to see "Manon" done next season also.

I think Seven Sonatas is a small chamber work that would be swallowed up on the gigantic MET stage. In my opinion, the best part of Known by Heart is the "Junk Man" pdd. I remember Ethan Steifel and Susan Jaffe were excellent in this when it premiered. I recall seeing Irina and Max perform the Junk Man pdd at a gala a few years ago. It looked like a completely different ballet (and I don't mean in a good way). I think it's likely we will get Manon next year because they always put in a full length MacMillan, and they've done R&J two consecutive years.