This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cinderella

Dancerboy90210

Has anyone else seen the performances yet? I was at openning night and last night and it is quite a beautiful production. Both Victoria and Yumelia were great as Cinderella. I thought the first act got a little boring, but the other acts made up for it. Suzanne Lopez was beautiful as the fairy-godmother and Calvin Kitten was also great as the Jester. The four male princes need some work. They were often out of sync and never quite got it together. I'll post a more detailed review later. Just wondering what people thought.

I saw it last time around and agree with your comments on the production. I had a pretty good time with it overall, even though I managed to wind up at one of the few performances where Christian Holder and Gary Crist were not in the roles of the sisters, central roles as I see it. Not finding any sign of them this time, I gave it a pass.

I saw it twice in Los Angeles during the run. I enjoyed it very much. I thought Victoria was really beautiful as Cinderella. I did not enjoy Yumelias as much as I found her expression a bit forced in the "tutu" scenes. Loved the sisters and found Calvin Kitten to be quite amazing. I loved the 4 princes and the fairies variations are ingenious. Choreographically I really love the material and the music. I saw 2 different Fairy Godmothers and like Valerie the best. She had the maturity and energy for the role.