This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Value of Esteban Frances pic for Balanchine

My name is Ashley Jones and I'm the executor for Georgina Bates' (Diana Adam's daughter) estate. I have discovered among her effects, a ink and washing drawing by Esteban Frances of Beauty and the Beast that is inscribed to George Balanchine. I am trying to find out what sort of value it might have and have run into many dead ends. I thought that some of you might have an idea as to value or where I might find out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post more info if you need it.

Have you tried one of the big auction houses or someone who does estates for insurance purposes?

I've sent pics to Christie's and Sotheby's but haven't heard anything back. I had an appraiser look at it (she's the one that told me about Frances), but she couldn't find enough info to give me a value. (I don't think she's very good, but we don't have a lot of appraisers here.)

Thank you, winnieido, and welcome to BalletAlert!

Hyperdog, since winnieido doesn't yet have messaging privileges (and if you're still following this forum), please use the CONTACT US link near the top right-hand side of the screen, and we'll forward to her.