This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lichine's "Graduation Ball" clips

I have this couple of clips saved in my favorites, as they are one of the first videos of Alejandro Virelles, a star in the making of the Cuban National Ballet. Here he was still in the school. He dances the drummer boy in the Cuban production of Lichine's "Graduation Ball"-(another ballet I miss a lot from my Havana days... :wub: )

Enjoy!

:)

I have this couple of clips saved in my favorites, as they are one of the first videos of Alejandro Virelles, a star in the making of the Cuban National Ballet. Here he was still in the school. He dances the drummer boy in the Cuban production of Lichine's "Graduation Ball"-(another ballet I miss a lot from my Havana days... :wub: )

Enjoy!

:)

He is impressive.Is he one of the principal dancers of CNB now ?

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

He is impressive.

Yeah, right...? :clapping:

Re: Alejandro Virelles.

He is impressive.Is he one of the principal dancers of CNB now ?

He is still a soloist, which means that he needs to escalate three more positions before being in the top-(from Soloist to First Soloist, from First Soloist to Principal Dancer and from there to Primer Bailarin). I'm sure he'll do it.

A really marvellous peformance. Not a movement wasted, not a single part of his body out of place. He's now on my A List, too. What other roles has he done?

The whole production looks lovely. I would never have thought that this work could seem so clean, stylish and fresh.