This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Amsterdam

Hi everyone,

To introduce myself, I'm from the UK, now living in Amsterdam. My first career was as a ballet dancer. I studied at the Royal Ballet School in London and went on tour with Sadler's Wells Royal Ballet. I then toured Europe with Wiener Ballett Theater (Vienna Ballet Theatre) dancing in the classics, The Nutcracker, Swan Lake...

After retiring I moved into television and worked on the production of dance programmes for TV and video, including performances from the Kirov and the Royal Ballet. Many years later I am now a producer / director of dance films for TV, DVD, Blu-Ray and online distribution.

I'm passionate about ballet and would like to see more of it on film! I'm particularly interested to discuss what other ballet fans would like to see, on DVD and online.

Look forward to talking to other members!

Welcome...we are always interested in new opinions and topics about the ballet world and with your vast experience I am happy you found us.

Thanks Robin! I tried posting something on the Video thread but my post didn't appear - I'm hoping an administrator will see this and let me know what I did wrong!

Welcome to Ballet Talk, 3minuteswest; it's wonderful to have you with us. Your experience in, and knowledge of, ballet will be a great asset for us. We eagerly look forward to having you share in our discussions.

Giannina

Thanks Giannina! I look forward to joining the discussions. I should warn you though, I am very opinionated!!! :thanks: