This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Introducton

jbtn

Hello,

I developed a love of ballet quite by accident. I have always loved classical music; Tchaikovski is a personal favorite, and I have an interest in things Russian; I am learning the language and hope to travel one day. During the holiday season in 07 I saw the TV listing for the Bolshoi performing the Nutcracker. I watched and have become addicted.

Since then I have purchased several DVDs of other ballets and view them frequently. This last Christmas season I had the opportunity to see the WV Symphony and Charleston Ballet perform the Nutcracker and now I am completely hooked.

I discovered this Forum and now I can learn about the art and the dancers that are bringing so much joy into my life.

Thank you for this excellent resource and allowing me to participate.

John Nolan

Welcome to Ballet Talk, John, and welcome to the world of ballet. We're very glad you've found our site and we thank you for your complements. You will find tons of information on just about every aspect of ballet, and every member shares your love of ballet. Enjoy!

Giannina

During the holiday season in 07 I saw the TV listing for the Bolshoi performing the Nutcracker. I watched and have become addicted.

Since then I have purchased several DVDs of other ballets and view them frequently. This last Christmas season I had the opportunity to see the WV Symphony and Charleston Ballet perform the Nutcracker and now I am completely hooked.

Yes, Nutcracker was the gateway drug for many (if not most) of us. You'll enjoy the wealth of intoxicants beyond that. :off topic:

Welcome to BT!