This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Vasiliev/Maximova "Spartacus" on youtube.com

On www.youtube.com there is extensive footage of a live 1973 Bolshoi performance in Tokyo of "Spartacus" starring Vasiliev and Maximova. The video quality is iffy, but the historical importance of the performance and the excellence of the dancing overall make it well worth watching. Vasiliev and Maximova are gorgeous together.

Go to www.youtube.com and in the Search field enter any combination of Vasiliev Spartacus 1973.

On www.youtube.com there is extensive footage of a live 1973 Bolshoi performance in Tokyo of "Spartacus" starring Vasiliev and Maximova. The video quality is iffy, but the historical importance of the performance and the excellence of the dancing overall make it well worth watching. Vasiliev and Maximova are gorgeous together.

Go to www.youtube.com and in the Search field enter any combination of Vasiliev Spartacus 1973.

I love this film but loved even more the live performances in 1969 at the Royal Opera House when the roars at the end of each act must surely have equalled any of those at the Rome Coliseum of old.

I love this film but loved even more the live performances in 1969 at the Royal Opera House when the roars at the end of each act must surely have equalled any of those at the Rome Coliseum of old.

Leonid,

Where have you seen footage of the 1969 performance at the Royal Opera House?

Leonid,

Where have you seen footage of the 1969 performance at the Royal Opera House?

Sorry if it read as if I had seen a film of the 1969 performances. I had missed out a comma after 'film'. I did of course mean I was in the audience for almost every performance of that legendary season.